Sunday, March 11, 2007

CHEN FAMILY TEMPLE






March 11, 2007
We had breakfast here in the hotel. Western food – YES! I had French toast and hash browns that were outstanding. I think I will eat much better here in Guangzhou. After breakfast we visited the Chen Family Temple here in Guangzhou. We enjoyed this tour very much as it was a very beautiful place. There were blooming azaleas and statues in the gardens. There were different rooms with artifacts and paintings. One room was full of the most beautiful embroidery I have ever seen – the picture doesn’t do it justice.

After the tour, we came back to the hotel and went out for lunch at the famous place called Lucy’s. Again…western food!!! We hear about Lucy’s on the websites of those who adopt all the time. Now, I know why – very good. We had cheeseburgers that were very good. Then we went shopping – that was fun…too much fun! Mylia got bored with all the shopping and fell asleep.

I just can’t get over how much we love this little girl. She is so precious. She doesn’t cry, although I would like her to sometimes. She doesn’t cry when she is wet or hungry. I think that she learned early on in her life that it just didn’t do any good to cry. I want her to be able to develop trust in Clayton and I so that she will know that we will take care of her needs and it is ok to cry to communicate those needs to us. We have had her with us for one week as of today and have only heard her cry a couple of times. I know I have said this before but, God has blessed us so much with her and we thank Him for His timing in all of this.

No comments: